Friday, January 23, 2009

I have Hillbilly music stuck in my head

Hi Everyone!

Hope the week is going well. Before I forget, my thoughts about the film:
I think Appalachia has a rich history of forgotten people who even today, I believe, are misunderstood. They seem to have had a lot of stereotypes pushed upon them - it was interesting the discussion of reaction to presidential campaigns that passed through the area and shed light on some of the unseen territory of the country. The people of the region resented the stereotypes of poverty pushed upon them. I think the people of Appalachia have very strong values, perhaps due to the predominance of religion. I'm not sure what I think about that yet... Anyway, I think the people have great heart, and have been tough to stick it through the hard times. I look forward to interacting with them this spring!

Cheers,
Suejung

No comments:

Post a Comment