Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Expectations...

Hey Guys!

Basically like a couple people before me I just expect and hope to learn as much as I can about the complexity of the energy issues in Appalachia. I'm excited to learn about what various factors set this situation apart from other areas and to understand whats going on there, how the issue might be approached etc.

The article that Sam just posted is actually related to what I'm most curious about. Clearly the residents in the area wouldn't object to more energy sources if it could make it cheaper (depending on what type of new energy was brought in), but I'm wondering what type of barriers there might be in bringing in renewables etc. that are present specifically in this area. I'm curious to learn whether the residents are open to transitioning the energy sources regardless of cost, and what the biggest hurdle to overcome would be (such as how much power the mining companies might have).

I'm also super excited to get to visit all these states for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment